Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Imagine-contact.com?
2. Why does Internet Explorer save images as Untitled.bmp?
3. If the content available on Imagine-contact.com is freely available elsewhere on the Internet, why should I pay for it?
4. What do I do if I've lost my password?
5. Why am I being asked for my password so many times all of a sudden?
6. How can I navigate the website more easily?
- 1. What is Imagine-contact.com?
- Imagine-contact.com is an online service provider which offers a convenient web search engine to content associated with
celebrities posted on Usenet newsgroups.
- 2. Why does Internet Explorer save images as Untitled.bmp?
- Essentially, it's because Internet Explorer does not save the image in its cache. You can read Microsoft's Knowledge Base article, try Easy Graphic Converter, a free and simple image converter to convert those bitmaps, or you can get a new browser.
- 3. If the content available on Imagine-contact.com is freely available elsewhere on the Internet, why should I pay for it?
- We do not charge for the content itself, we charge solely for our Usenet access service. Usenet access is available from a number of ISPs.
- 4. What do I do if I've lost my password?
- Use the password lookup tool here.
- 5. Why am I being asked for my password so many times all of a sudden?
- This problem is a "feature" of Internet Explorer. When you were initially prompted for your username and password, the username and password that are normally saved in the gray box for you weren't there this time.
You then entered either an incorrect username or password, and the gray box returned, only this time it had the usual correct username and password already there for you, just as before. This got you to the next page,
but the next and every time afterwards that you clicked on a link for a password-protected page, the gray box only had your username stored in it. :(
- The solution is to close Internet Explorer and restart it. When you come back to the website, the first time that you are prompted for your username and password, it will have saved and will now be displaying the
incorrect version that you had initially entered earlier. You need to delete what Internet Explorer has there for your username and password and instead enter your correct username and password.
Once you do this, Internet Explorer will return to its good old behavior of storing your correct username and password for you so that all you need to do when the gray box pops up is to press "OK".
- 6. How can I navigate the website more easily?
- Try the Search page.